TikTok is a social media platform that has taken the world by storm. Originally launched in China in 2016, it has quickly grown in popularity, especially among younger generations. The app allows users to create short videos, set to music, and share them with their friends and followers. With over 1 billion active users, it has become one of the most popular social media platforms in the world.
How to Download
To download TikTok, open the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) on your device. Search for “TikTok” in the search bar, locate the official TikTok app, and tap on the “Install” or “Get” button. Wait for the app to download and install. Once the installation is complete, open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account or log in to an existing one.
How to Record
Once you have the TikTok app installed, you can start recording videos right away. To record a video, open the app and tap on the “+” icon located at the bottom of the screen. This will open the camera, where you can record a video by holding down the red record button. You can also switch between the front and rear cameras, add filters, and use the timer feature to set a delay before recording.
How to Video Edit
TikTok offers a wide range of video editing features that allow you to create professional-looking videos. To edit a video, tap on the “+” icon to open the camera and record a video. After recording, tap on the “next” button located on the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to the video editing page, where you can add music, effects, filters, and text to your video. You can also trim, cut, and duplicate sections of your video. Once you are satisfied with your video, tap on the “post” button to share it with your followers.
How it is Useful to SMEs
TikTok can be a powerful tool for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to promote their products and services. The platform’s algorithm rewards content that is engaging and relevant, making it easier for businesses to reach their target audience. Additionally, TikTok allows businesses to add clickable links to their profiles, making it easy for customers to visit their website or make a purchase.
Advantages of TikTok
- TikTok has a wide range of features that allow you to create professional-looking videos.
- The platform’s algorithm rewards content that is engaging and relevant, making it easier for businesses to reach their target audience.
- TikTok allows businesses to add clickable links to their profiles, making it easy for customers to visit their website or make a purchase.
- The app is available in over 150 markets and in 75 languages, making it accessible to a global audience.
Disadvantages of TikTok
- TikTok is a relatively new platform and as such, it has not been around long enough to prove its longevity.
- The platform’s algorithm rewards content that is engaging and relevant, making it harder for small businesses to get their content seen by a larger audience.
- TikTok’s data privacy policies have been the subject of criticism, with concerns about the app’s handling of user data.
Here are some statistics about TikTok’s usage and income
- Videos created per day: As of 2021, TikTok users were creating over 1 billion videos per day.
- Videos created per hour: Around 42 million videos are created per hour
- Videos created per minute: Around 700,000 videos are created per minute.
- Income: TikTok generated an estimated revenue of $1 billion in 2020, and its estimated revenue for 2021 is around $2.5 billion.
- Time spent on the app: The average TikTok user spends around 52 minutes per day on the app.
- Demographics: The majority of TikTok’s users are between the ages of 16 and 24, with around 41% of US users falling into this age group.
- Popular content: The most popular types of content on TikTok include lip-syncing, dancing, and comedy skits.
- Popular music: Pop and hip-hop are the most popular genres of music on TikTok, with songs like “Say So” by Doja Cat and “Dynamite” by BTS being among the most popular.
- Advertising: TikTok’s advertising revenue is growing rapidly, with brands and businesses spending more on ads on the platform.
It’s important to note that these statistics are based on data from 2021 and could be different now. TikTok is a rapidly evolving platform, and these numbers are likely to change over time.
TikTok is a powerful social media platform that allows users to create short videos and share them with their friends and followers. The platform is especially popular among younger generations and is quickly becoming one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Businesses can take advantage of TikTok to promote their products and services and reach a global audience. However, it is important to consider its data privacy policies and the potential limitations of the platform. Fande Technologies provides the best TikTok video editing services to help businesses create professional-looking videos that are engaging and relevant to their target audience. With its wide range of features, TikTok has the potential to be a valuable tool for businesses looking to promote their products and services. However, it is important to keep in mind that the platform is relatively new and its longevity has yet to be proven. As always, it is important for businesses to conduct thorough research before investing in any new marketing tool.
- TikTok. (n.d.). TikTok for Business. Retrieved from https://www.tiktok.com/en/business
- Lomas, N. (2019, November 26). TikTok hits 1.5 billion downloads, but will it become a major e-commerce platform? Retrieved from https://techcrunch.com/2019/11/26/tiktok-hits-1-5-billion-downloads-but-will-it-become-a-major-e-commerce-platform/
- TikTok. (n.d.). How to create a TikTok account. Retrieved from https://www.tiktok.com/en/help/account-and-settings/creating-an-account
- TikTok. (n.d.). Creating and editing videos. Retrieved from https://www.tiktok.com/en/help/creating-and-editing-videos
- Kastrenakes, J. (2019, October 29). TikTok’s privacy policies are under scrutiny from lawmakers. Retrieved from https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/29/20937963/tiktok-privacy-policies-scrutiny-lawmakers-china-personal-data